I’m History, Get me out of here connects school students with historians to learn about historical figures.
Teachers are in control
- Take part in live Chats with the students and historians
- Delete messages in live Chats
- Download transcripts of live Chats
- See which students have logged in
- See what follow-up questions students have asked
- See the answers historians have given
The safeguarding of students is paramount to us. We take care to make sure our websites are safe and secure.
- All student-historian interactions are overseen by our DBS-checked moderation team.
- Everything is text-only: no audio or video.
- Students are anonymous: historians only see their chosen ‘display name’.
- Should any safeguarding issues arise, we have a procedure to log and report it to teachers.
Read our full safeguarding risk assessment ❯
Privacy and data protection
We take privacy seriously, especially that of young people.
- We ask students for as little data as possible: only what is needed to run the activities.
- We keep student data for the shortest possible time.
- Student data never leaves our secure sites, and is never shared with any third parties.
More on student data ❯
Teachers: Register to take part ❯
Find out more:
Teachers homepage ❯
How it works ❯
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org