“My students loved their involvement and I was amazed at some of the questions they asked”
Benefits for your class
They develop a greater understanding of the world
- Students will think about the history of the UK from a global perspective.
- Learning about past societies, ideologies, governments and cultures allows students to understand how the world today came to be.
- Students learn about people and cultures, different from their own, which encourages deeper understanding.
They develop transferable skills
- “Inquiry skills are an important part of the history curriculum but can be hard to deliver in a normal lesson.” – Primary Teacher.
- I’m History gives students a great opportunity to question, analyse and use critical thinking.
They get excited about history
- I’m History, Get me out of here brings history to life!
- Students will get to know historical figures they may have never learned about before.
Benefits for teachers
You’re in control:
- You get to see which students have logged in and what questions they’ve asked.
- You can download transcripts of live chat sessions.
It’s secure and safe:
- Only students who’ve been given access by their teacher can login to the Zone.
- No personal details are shared on the site, and student content is moderated.
Read our safeguarding statement ❯
Everything’s designed for easy, online access:
- Signing up is quick and easy
- Students can log in at any time to read profiles of the historical figures and send questions in ASK.
- Students create their own username using a link you create. This will take them around 10 minutes; send it to them the day before your chat, or earlier.
- You book chats for times that suit you and your students.
It’s free for state maintained schools:
- Most schools don’t have to pay!
- Non-state-maintained schools may be asked to pay a fee to take part.
Teachers: Register to take part ❯
Find out more:
Teachers homepage ❯
How it works ❯
Student safeguarding and privacy ❯
Questions? Contact email@example.com